Complete Deck Refinishing & Wood Restoration Services
Keeping your wood from weathering, is a major step in protecting your investment, whether it be a deck, gazebo, ceder siding, ceder shakes, or patio furniture.
Applying a high quality penetrating stain protects the wood from UV rays, water, Ice, and other elements. It will reduce warping, cracking and splitting, while at the same time maintaining the beauty of a natural wood tone without the graying of untreated wood.
Proper Maintenance will be paid back in beauty and longevity of you investment. This maintenance includes periodic cleaning and applying a fresh coat of stain. This is a service we provide using professionally proven methods and Materials.
The following is the process we typically follow.
- First we prep the wood by removing the old stains/sealers with a stripping solution. Our process is environmentally friendly and doesn't harm your pets, plants or grass.
- Next, we clean the wood with a power-washer using low pressure. We do not use high pressure because that will damage your wood.
- The wood is then treated with a neutralizing agent that will brighten the wood and prepare it for our sealer/stain.
- The wood must then dry (several days, depending on the weather) to a moisture content of 12% or less. We use sophisticated moisture meters to electronically read the moisture in the wood to insure the wood is dry in order for the sealer/stain to bond properly.
- We then seal/stain your wood by hand with Ready Seal a penetrating oil based semi-transparent sealer/stain that we warranty will not crack or peel. The sealer/stain protects your wood from the sun's harmful UV rays, resists algae and moss, and repels water.
- The stain will take 24 to 48 hours to dry (depending on the weather).